We welcomed Biba into this world Wednesday December 21, 2011 at 12:05am. I had my last Dr appointment Tuesday afternoon and was told that I would probably not make it to next week (I was 4cm dilated). That night after timing contractions that were around 5 minutes apart I doubled over in pain around 10:15pm and called the DR to get the go ahead to go to the hospital. Meghan (Jon's sister) and Mike Sr. (Jon's dad) rushed over and the contractions were coming so strong every minute. I did not think we would make it to the hospital...which is close to a 30 minute drive. We arrived at the hospital around 11:15 and I was rushed into a labor and delivery suite. There was no time for medication and hardly any time for the Doctor to arrive - I was already 10 cm and having a baby. This was not my delivery plan at all - after trying to go unmedicated with McKinnon - I was planning on receiving my epidural asap! Biba pushed her way out weighing 7lbs 13 oz and I can not even describe the flood of emotions upon hearing our new baby was a girl. Biba is the 5th Generation Biba. She is perfect in every way and McKinnon is loving being a big brother. He calls her Baby Beeba and lets me know when she is crying. It was the merriest Christmas of all time.


5 comments:
We're so excited that Biba is here--- she is just beautiful, and we can't wait to meet her. I love all the pictures- love, gai
She is FABULOUS! You are FABULOUS! I am ECSTATIC! Thanks for the best Christmas ever.
Bus
Welcome baby Biba!!! can't wait to meet her and love her birth story!!
Ray, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and the narrative. I can't wait to meet the newest Biba, and I will be working on some "girl" things finally!!! I love the picture of McKinnon looking at her sleeping. What a great Christmas! Inger
Welcome Biba! She is a beauty, we can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment