McKinnon

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Biba

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

The day McKinnon took his first steps

Two Fridays ago McKinnon took his first steps at Kindermusik - he had been fixated on this little boy who could walk and all of a sudden McKinnon stood up and took a few steps into my arms! Super proud. When we got home I tried to re-create the scene for Jon by bribing him to walk to me with spoonfuls to greek yogurt (what is all over his face in the videos) but it generally just led to frustation....here are the videos. 4 steps is the record so far...he still prefers to cruise or crawl. We are heading to Jacksonville this week for Christmas and my older brother, his wife and 2 sons will be there (Soren is 5, 6 in February, and Preben is 2 1/2). They live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have a feeling McKinnon will be walking by the end of our visit - hopefully drinking out of a sippee cup too. I am bringing extras home for the boys to drink out of in front of him....all the cool kids are doing it. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny. I like the yogart temptingly offered, over and over. Did he ever get any?

Anonymous said...

Yay--- we can't wait for your jax visit. Ellie is sitting on my lap right now, and we have watched McKinnon's first steps about 15 times. She keeps saying, "play again" :) Love, Gai