Yesterday McKinnon turned 1 month old and greeted me this morning with a huge beautiful toothless grin (the first that I believe to be voluntary and not gas related). Everyday he seems to be more and more alert - but this is also resulting in more and more fussiness. He does not like to sit still when awake - probably because while pregnant I never sat down. Big mistake! He is a wonderful sleeper at night - and I am a paranoid mother constantly checking to see if he is breathing or actually waking him to feed, which usually frustrates him. I worry about him getting enough to eat - but as you can see, he is a big boy and believe he is already 12 lbs (by weighing him on our home floor scale). Last night he slept for about 7 hours before I woke him up....is this normal? I am looking forward to more interaction with him and wish I knew of more ways to stimulate him - all he seems to do is eat, sleep, go to the bathroom and cry. Any suggestions?
Jon started back at Stanford today. We were so fortunate that McKinnon arrived right before Christmas Break and that Jon was able to spend 3 weeks at home getting to know Mac and allowing us to work as a team. Life is good.


6 comments:
What a beautiful smile!!
I love the picture of Jon and of you too. Life IS good, and will get better and better and better....
Meanwhile, don't wake the baby. (even tho I know you will)
Miss you.
PRECIOUS!!!!! and sleeping 7 hrs!?!? he's absolutely perfect! and he will even go into a frontal carrier!!! (i never had one that would do that....but they're supposed to be a miracle) i think that i tried to do something with black and white pictures to stimulate E, but resolved to do nothing stimulating with D until at least 18 months....wayyy too much work for me! :-)
Abby - you crack me up and make me feel better!! Soon, we need to talk about your baby bootcamp...
Can't wait to see you soon in SF!
OMG...You have just given me new found hope that Cooper will sleep longer than 3 hours. I know he is not even 2 weeks yet but I think Alan and I are looking forward to some more sleep. I think Cooper could sleep 7 hours straight during the day...that is his main sleep time. We are going to try to change that next week sometime when his internal clock might start kicking in. So glad things are going well!!!
He looks great! He almost looks as big as Morgan in the pics (he is 18 lbs now). Maybe it is that full head of hair that makes him looks so "old". All of my babies have been bald and resembled my dad and granddaddy.
Don't wake the baby! Today a smile...tomorrow a giggle. Everything changes on a daily basis. You never know when his "sleep" schedule will change!
its freezing! put some clothes on that boy!!..........cute ones
you know who (loves you)
Post a Comment