McKinnon

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Biba

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Janowiaks Visit from Minnesota

Our great friends Steve and Katie Janowiak came to visit us this past weekend from Minnesota. Steve and Jon were in the 1 year MBA program together at Northwestern. The weather was FREEZING but we took them to Grandfather Mountain in Boone, NC anyways (where the predicted wind chill was below zero). Even though it was super cold - it was a perfect day to be up there. There was a light snow on the ground, not a cloud in the sky and the foliage was at peak.

Yes, that is a black bear behind Jon and McKinnon















































Playing some intense games of Apples to Apples and Catchphrase with Mike and Toni back at our place



2 comments:

Abby said...

you are brave to take McKinnon out in that!! But I guess that I'm talking to the girl who also ventured off the path while hiking in CA and ran into lions. (wasn't that right)
I told Ellie that Baby Mac's aunt was going to babysit her while we went to a birthday party ... and she misunderstood thought that she was going to baby mac's birthday party. she was VERRYYY upset to not get to celebrate on sat.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It does look cold... but I bet your Minnesota friends hardly felt it and it probably made you and Jon homesick for the coldest winter ever in Chicago.
XO B