A few months ago Biba was diagnosed with Accommodative Estropia - eye crossing that is caused by the focusing efforts of the eyes as they try to see clearly. I have always felt that Biba's left eye was a little "off" but thought it was a by product of her torticollis and would work itself out. Last April I drove to Jacksonville with the kids and when we arrived Biba was very sick with fever. During that traumatic visit she started crossing her eyes every time she was in the high chair at meal time. I freaked out (naturally) and took her to a Pediatric Opthamologist when we got home. The Doctor assured me that nothing was wrong with Biba's eyes and that sometimes children cross their eyes as they learn to focus - much like how a child trips when learning to walk. This did not sit well with me. I found another Pediatric Opthamologist and went for a second opinion. He also did not see anything wrong and told me to check back in about 6 months. Feeling better I made an appointment to have McKinnon's eyes checked and told the Doctor that just one eye had been crossing in lately (this was new). He went ahead and checked Biba's eyes and finally saw the cross I had been talking about. She was diagnosed with Accommodative Estropia and prescribed bifocals that she will be wearing for many many many years (early teens is what I have heard).
We are having a hard time keeping glasses on our active, strong willed 1 year old. After her first 2 weeks - we lost them on a stroller ride. We put up signs all over the neighborhood but they were never found. She is currently on her second pair - hopefully these will last for longer than 2 weeks,,,,
We are so fortunate that we discovered this early and that we are on a path to correct it. Everything is going to work out :)
http://www.aapos.org/terms/conditions/9
The day Biba lost her glasses - she looks pretty proud of herself. Below are the signs I posted on every stop sign in our Neighborhood
Kucoin better than Binance? Honest opinion
1 year ago


3 comments:
Love the pink specs - fabulous accessory! I am also googling "tortoise shell for tots". Is that superficial?
xxooo Beste
Good catch and persistence momma. Love her glasses, she looks very stylish!
she looks great!!! props to you for being persistent!!
Post a Comment