McKinnon

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Biba

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

6 months

Today we had Mac's last appointment in California with Dr. Karli Cleary. We will certainly miss her and my OBGYN Dr. Powar. We were so fortunate to find both of them on such short notice and hope to find just as great Doctors in Charlotte. To celebrate turning 6 months - we introduced his second solid : peas. He was totally into them as well....just like his momma, boy loves to eat.




Here is where Mac and I have our weekly walks - recently active Mountain Lion signs were posted. There have always been coyote warnings - I would use this as an incentive to walk faster and burn more calories. Beste (my mom) threw a fit when she realized I was taking her grandson into live mountain lion terrain. I assured her that it was perfectly safe (and normal) and that I carried pepper spray just in case....until we ran into a rattle snake on our last walk. We now no longer visit the Dish.

Mac listening to Jimmy Buffett on our walk.












While walking to our neighborhood park one afternoon I was so delighted to find it over run with goats. California - you are so cool. Instead of simply mowing the grass for fire prevention.....Palo Alto prefers to use goats. Maybe this is normal, just something I never saw growing up in Florida. Seems excessive.










McKinnon's personality is really coming out making every day fun. He loves to fake cough and squeal to bring the attention back to little number one. He is completely obsessed with Layla (our dog) - if he gets upset, I immediately look for Layla and throw her a treat and he starts laughing again watching her eat. He loves to be held high in the air and have rasberries blown into his stomach. He has also started rolling. Yesterday he rolled over to the couch and enjoyed kicking it. He also scooted backwards for the first time. We can't wait to bring him home and show you all our little, active precious :) (12 more days....but who is counting)
Mac's 6 month Stats:
Height- 27.5 inches (75-90%)
Weight- 19.2 lbs (75-80%)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures!!! I was very interested in the ones of the lion country and not a bit suprised to see it looks like a scene from Out of Africa. Thank heavens you are almost home safe!! I am concerned for the goats however.

Mac looks so beautiful and is growing and changing faster than I can believe - I can't wait until I don't need a blog to see him!!!!!

However... I love your blog and hope you will keep it up even after you are on the right side of the world.
I love you

Anonymous said...

Even I am counting the days.. somehow it just seems better that you won't be all the way "over" there. And you are half way to Nissa! Hopefully since you guys will be so much closer to home, your visits to Jax will be more frequent. I have to get Mac to like me... he wasn't all that happy to see me when I met him.. maybe you could throw me a dog treat and I could entertain him next time like Layla! Auntie Ing.

mom-b said...

omg he is bigger than roe roe

Anonymous said...

I did not know he ALWAYS loved Jimmy Buffet. Cheese-bugga! Cheese-bugga!
Cute little parrot head.
xo
Beste